About the Show
As a Professional Trade Show, the MYBA Charter Show, with its long history and dedication to quality, is a business occasion and a true celebration of yachting. It brings together the world’s leading luxury charter professionals and provides them with the opportunity to appraise some of the finest yachts available for charter, meet with captains and crew, and explore an exceptional array of ancillary services. The Chefs’ Competition places the benchmark high, the seminars are enlightening and the social calendar provides excellent networking possibilities.
The 32nd edition of the Show will be held in Barcelona from Monday 25 April to Thursday 28 April 2022. The onsite Show Managers, Marina Port Vell, with their unrivalled facilities and infrastructure guarantee an impeccably run Show while the vibrant and diverse centre of Barcelona creates a spectacular backdrop.
This is the place to be in April if yachting is your business and your passion!
How to Get Here
Barcelona International Airport is just a short 30-minute drive from Marina Port Vell and for even swifter connections a helipad is located just across the harbour. From the airport you can reach the city centre by Aerobus, the official shuttle bus with departures every 10 minutes from T1 and T2, 365 days a year.
The Marina is very close to both Estació de Franca, one of Barcelona’s major railway stations, and Estació de Sants, from which passengers can travel to Madrid within 2 hours on the AVE train.
The City boasts excellent motorway connections to Girona, Costa Brava, France and the rest of Spain.
- Marina Port Vell: VHF Channel 68
- Duty dock staff: +34 636 552 623
- Marina Emergency coordination Centre: +34 900 100 852
- Sailing yachts with masts higher than 55 metres must inform the marina as entry under the cable car line across the port will need to be arranged.
- All ISPS vessels requiring a pre-arrival form should contact the Harbour Master who can sign any ISPS declarations.
- An emergency manual will be available to explain procedures in the event of an emergency in Marina Port Vell.
- Before a yacht’s arrival, the following paperwork must be provided to Marina Port Vell for the General Capitanerie and Port Authority: Certificate of Registry (ship papers) P&I Insurance Crew and guest list
- Last port and next port
- Estimated time of arrival
Yachts of more than 45 metres or with a GT of 500 or more need to use pilots and must provide:
- Ship’s waste
Yachts with a GT of 1,000 or more must provide:
- Certificate of insurance or other financial security in respect of civil liability for bunker oil pollution damage.
Commercial vessels must provide:
- International load line certificate
VHF radio channels:
- VHF 10 – Barcelona VTS
- VHF 14 – Pilots and maritime traffic
- VHF 68 – Marina Port Vell
Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, is one of the world’s most vibrant and diverse cities. Its coastal location and cultural heritage make it a unique meeting place: history meets high technology, Gaudí meets gastronomy and the city meets the sea.
During the day, shoppers can drift between the luxury retail stores along Passeig de Gràcia and the small boutiques dotted around the Gothic Quarter. For culture connoisseurs, Barcelona boasts a rich history and an internationally recognised architectural tradition. The city has no fewer than nine UNESCO world heritage sites, including Gaudí’s breathtaking unfinished cathedral Sagrada Família and the iconic Hospital Sant Pau.
Barcelona is also home to one of the world’s greatest football teams, FC Barcelona, and one of the sport’s most incredible stadiums, Camp Nou. Nearby is Circuit de Catalunya, which hosts the Barcelona Formula 1 Grand Prix.
The vibrant Catalonian lifestyle means that locals and visitors alike can enjoy a vast range of entertainment options available both day and night. Food lovers can choose from traditional Spanish tapas in local neighbourhoods to modern fusion in some of the city’s Michelin-starred restaurants, of which there are over 20. Barcelona is also recognised as an international nightlife hotspot-there are countless different bars and nightclubs around to keep even the wildest partygoers entertained.
There is also the opportunity to explore outside Barcelona’s city limits. Spending time on one of Barceloneta’s beaches and visiting one of its bustling beach bars, it’s easy to see why National Geographic voted Barcelona the world’s best beach city. Or, if you prefer your coastlines a little more quiet and relaxed, the secluded coves and dramatic cliffs of the Costa Brava, beginning just 60km north of the city, offer the perfect sanctuary for a day’s rest and relaxation.
While beachgoers enjoy Catalonia’s annual 320 days of sunshine, winter sports enthusiasts can travel to the nearby Spanish Pyrenees. The exclusive ski resort of Baqueira-Beret offers 110km of marked pistes and great snow throughout winter. The resort’s credentials have even gained it a famous following, with the royal family of Spain, as well as celebrities and their families returning year after year.
However, it is not just skiers that benefit from a trip out of the city. Real Club de Golf El Prat, Catalonia’s top golf destination is just 30 minutes from Barcelona and its 45 holes designed by Greg Norman will keep even the most experienced golfer busy for hours.
For a more relaxing trip, the quaint historic towns nestled in the Catalonian countryside are a joy to discover and explore. So too are the vineyards of the Penedès region, where you can get an insight into traditional winemaking methods and, of course, sample the local wine and cava.
Terms and conditions
- MYBA Exhibitors 2019
- Captains’ Welcome Briefing 2019
- Quay Party Night 2019
- Show Opening Cocktail 2019
- Crew Party 2019
- Yacht Party Night 2019
- Chefs’ Competition – Results 2019
- Chefs’ Competition Prize Giving Ceremony 2019
- Captains & Crew 2019
- Chefs’ Competition – Results 2022
- Signature Beach Cocktail Competition – Results 2022
- MYBA Superyacht Chefs' Competition Prize-giving Ceremony 2022
- The Panel of Judges 2022
- Crew Party 2022
- Show Celebration 2022
- Captains' Safety Briefing & Dinner 2022
- Exhibitors 2022
© 2022 MYBA CHARTER SHOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED